ROWING AND USE OF CLUB FACILITIES:
AS AT 12th January 2021
Brisbane & GPS Rowing Club
This procedure applies to all rowing and club activities from 12th January 2021 The procedure is based on Rowing Queensland Guidelines and applies to all members and is a condition of membership. If any member(s) breaches the procedure, the committee will consider what action should be taken.
1. Club members must not attend the shed if they have COVID-19 symptoms, are awaiting test results or have attended any of the Queensland Health alert locations.
2. Each participant shall register their attendance via the QR code or record their name, phone number, certify you are not suffering any relevant symptoms or medical conditions and will comply with the conditions and social distancing rules, time in and time out, boat used and direction of travel in the record book provided. The club COVID officer(s) is responsible for ensuring that participants complete the record and shall use this record for contract tracing should this be necessary.
3. Where Club owned boats are used it is preferred that the boat is used only once per day. When this is not possible, it is required that the boat and oars be fully sanitised between users. This means “hot seating” on the pontoon is not permitted.
4. The “squad” and roster concept will continue while maintaining social distancing in full observation of the State and National Government Guidelines as applicable is to be practised.
5. Coxing can occur. The Cox must wear a mask. Cox boxes/micro¬ phones should be sanitised before and after use.
6. All members must bring masks to the shed. Masks must be worn when members are in the shed or on the hard stand.
Club Facilities- ergos, gym, kitchen, and bathrooms
6. As per 2 above, all persons attending the facility must register via the QR code or complete the record book excluding boat used and direction of travel.
7. The Club gym and kitchen area is open for use. To meet the Government requirement of 4 square metres per participant, only 4 people (including the coach) can use the gym at any time.
8. The gym can be used at any time, but users must be mindful of rowers who are using the shed prior to and after their rowing session.
9. Ergos may be used outside, preferably on the hardstand, with adequate distance between each person. Due to hardstand limitations, ergo training cannot occur during a rostered rowing session. Individual or small group ergo sessions can be conducted inside provided the 4 square metre per person is followed.
10. If a participant uses a toilet, they must wipe down all surfaces they have touched using the supplied wipes/cleaning products. The toilets will be cleaned on a regular schedule.
11. Showers may be used on the basis that the participant cleans the shower cubicle after every use using the supplied cleaning equipment and product. Only 2 people are allowed in the male bathroom and 3 people in the female bathroom at one time.
12. When using the gym or ergo, the equipment must be cleaned with the supplied wipes/ cleaning products between each user, i.e., if participants are rotating between equipment, they must wipe it down before the next user.
13. Rotation by participants between gym equipment or ergos is discouraged. A thorough clean must be undertaken by participants after every gym or ergo session
Personal Hygiene and Oar Cleaning
14. Participants must use the alcohol-based sanitiser on entering and leaving the shed and prior to and after touching any equipment including sign in pen, trolleys, oars, boats etc.
15. Oars are to be sanitised as follows:
• Before you pick up any equipment, wash your hands at the shed using soap/water or hand sanitiser.
• On selection of a set of oars and before rowing spray the hand grips with the topical alcohol-based spray provided ensuring that the entire surface of the grip has been wet ted.
• On return from rowing wash the oars thoroughly using soapy water paying special attention to the hand grips.
• Hang the oars in the oar rack to dry. Do not spray them with the topical spray at this time.
• Wash your hands after rowing.
16. On return from a rowing session boats are to be thoroughly washed inside and out using detergent and hosing off.
Personal Safety Issues
17. Participants must report to the Club COVID Officer if at any stage after attending the Club Facility, they are confirmed as having COVID-19.
18. Any identified cases of COVID-19 amongst active participants will be reported to the Health Authorities and Rowing Queensland immediately on the Club becoming aware of the incident.
19. If a participant arrives at the shed and is identified to have symptoms or otherwise be at risk (e.g., recently returned from overseas) they will be directed to immediately depart or stay in a safe area (at back of the shed near boat trailers) until they are collected.
20. Rowers are encouraged to use the COVID-Safe App.
21. Club members should consider their own personal circumstances including the on-water safety issues and any concerns you may have in terms of your own health and safety and the risks to you of social contact. Members of more vulnerable groups should consider their own circumstances.
Covid-19 Safety Officer contact details:
If you need to report any issue with Covid-19 symptoms or compliance to these requirements, then contact:
Brisbane and GPS Rowing Club